Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing my bra size

I had a giggle this week when I imagined change being like growing breasts.  To leap from being flat-chested to an under-wire, full-support bra is pretty impractical and uncomfortable.  We need a training bra to bridge the gap.
I seem to be beset by change on all sides - I'm moving house, no longer have full-time domestic help, have no income generating work and am teetering on the edge of midlife, I could grasp for an over-shoulder boulder holder to try and keep my change in check, but rather I want to reach for a training bra.
A training bra - gives me the assurance of knowing the season; hints that I'm moving to the authentic me; I have no control over the blossoming breasts, but provide a safe space for their development;  it's a boundary; suggests the beauty of something ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment