Thursday 24 November 2011

A long walk home

I walked a long way today, as usual motivated by my romantic notions.  I took the train to Muizenberg to walk with a friend.  The morning was gorgeous, despite the pressing Southeaster blowing in across the bay.

We drank lots of coffee, talked a lot and then I headed off to catch the train home.  I saw it pulling into the station as I left the coffee shop.  I hitched up my skirt (if I'd been wearing one) and hurtled towards the railway line.  I can only imagine the sight, thank goodness I'm not loading any pictures of that one!

Anyway missed the 10:20 by miles and decided to walk home as I was too impatient to wait for the 11:20, so I had another 30 minute walk, this time in the other direction. I did this with joy as the Southeaster whipped the words of my soprano part of the Taize song Bless the Lord, out of my mouth and tossed them at the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment